Day 2 Report from the field
If weather is still confirmed, the 29 will be the best day for racing, with gust up to 24[kts]. This was my closure yesterday…
This morning AP signal was again UP already at quarter to ten local! For… …lack/variable wind and layer of middle/low clouds everywhere. The day wasn’t looking good, time to do other stuff (yes, I was pessimist).
With the arrive of holes in the sky some breeze started to show, the Race Committee went out and racers too.
But outside the port the surprise: swell already formed probably arriving from Marseille, and more getting closer to the race field and more the wind became strong. Press R.I.B. was jumping up and down, Marks buoys difficult to be placed and some report at the upwind mark says wind at 30-45[kts] and big waves; Safety concerns rise and wait continue. Yes this time weather forecast were quite precise and the wind arrive strong.
During the wait crews had had time to change sails.
The good is the arrive of the sun, that has showed a spectacular cloud rotor long all peaks from Cap Ferrat to SanRemo as showed in the panoramic picture (in 30 years I don’t remember a so fast change of conditions and so particularly energetic).
Shooters paradise: wind, waves, perfect light, well sailor and boats too: they showed the power of the Cyguns (Astronomic for Swan).
Again the R.C: has been obliged to modified the second upwind of race 4 relocating the mark closer; so well done to R.C. and Organisers.
Unluckily the paradise ended soon, due to wind changing direction and pressure dropping that has brought to delete the 2nd race with November on Alpha flags and considering already 17:00L the equation was go home and relax (with a beer).
For me the 3rd day is day off. Weather has an improvement, but the spectrum of low wind and rain are still there.
Class ClubSwan42 https://goo.gl/L2Ypp8
1. ITA 17325 Far Star (Lorenzo Mondo) [1;1;1;2] Pt.: 5
2. ITA 42171 Digital Bravo (Alberto Franchi) [2;2;2;1] Pt.: 7
3. ITA 4220 MELA (Andrea Rossi) [3;3;3;3] Pt.: 12
Class ClubSwan45 https://goo.gl/L2Ypp8
1. ESP 10222 PORRON IX (Luis Senis Segarra) [2;1;1;1] Pt.: 5
2. ITA 15000 ANGE TRANSPARENT 2 (Valter Pizzoli) [1;2;2;2] Pt.: 7
3. GBR 4502 MISS K CHECKMATE (Piermarco Babando) [3;3;3;DNF=4] Pt.: 13
Class ClubSwan50 https://goo.gl/L2Ypp8
1. ITA 5016 CUORDILEONE (Leonardo Ferragamo) [1;1;2;4] Pt.: 8
2. SUI 5004 MATHILDE (Kielland Morten) [2;2;4;1] Pt.: 9
3. RUS 50007 SKORPIOS (Andrey Konogorov) [3;3;1;2] Pt.: 9
4. RUS 5017 BRONENOSEC (Vladimir Liubomirov) [5;4;5;3] Pt:17
5. SWE 5015 RAVENGER (Roger Samuelsson) [4;5;3;5] Pt: 17